Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A year in the bag

Just turned in my last final paper, and am now officially done with my first year of seminary! Congratulations to me. It's been quite a ride so far, fulfilling some expectations and surprising me in many ways as well. Assuming I passed my recent finals, I've completed the following courses:

Intro to Church History
New Testament 1
New Testament 2
Thinking About God
Greek
Intro to Pastoral Care
Christian Assembly 1
Lutheran Confessions
Global/Ecumenical Trip to India

Good times. In addition to my coursework, I've somehow managed to get involved in lots of extracurriculars as well. Started a campus wide environmental stewardship group to help advocate for recycling access, promote creation care education, etc. Singing in the choir. Playing flag football and basketball. And, staying active in student government; will serve as LTSP student body president for 07-08. We've been working to get better student representation for international, Urban Theological Institute, and "special" students, drafted a campus wide statement on alcohol use, and revised the student body constitution. Lots of work to do this coming year, and a personal challenge to stay healthy. Good times indeed!

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christoph-
I'm looking forward to reading future reflections here. Thanks for sending the email.

It looks like your journey will be very full of big questions, so it isn't fair for me to through another one at you, but I'm going to anyway. When you talk about a "spiritual being in a human existance" where does the human body fit in? Your reflections so far seem to leave it out some, but maybe I'm misreading. Can you clarify?

Told you it wasn't a fair question!

Lura

 
At 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, wrong post. that was supposed to be a comment about your trip, obviously!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home